How can we help?
A good GP can be one of the most influential people in your life when it comes to your general health and wellbeing.
GP Services our clinic offers for your health needs include:
BETTER HEALTH CLINIC
Chronic Disease Management
Our Chronic Disease Management Program connects you with your regular GP, a nurse and may include care with appropriate primary, community and acute care services by:
- Proactively identifying people most in need of and likely to benefit from the program
- Undertaking comprehensive assessment
- Supporting shared care planning
- Delivering care coordination and self-management support services
- Regularly monitoring and reviewing participants
Diabetes Care plans and Management
Asthma Care Plans and Management
Please discuss with your doctor the best way to manage your asthma and ensure that you discuss any concerns.
Smoking Cessation Management
45 - 49 yr old Health Checks
Risk factors include but are not limited to:
- lifestyle risk factors, such as smoking, physical inactivity, poor nutrition or alcohol use;
- medical risk factors, such as high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes or excess weight; and
- a family history of a chronic disease ( eg. cancer, glaucoma, heart disease, depression or diabetes)
What can a health check involve?
- updating your medical history and undertaking examinations and investigations as required
- initiating interventions and referrals
- providing advice and information; including strategies to achieve lifestyle and behaviour changes
- follow up of any problems identified
When booking your appointment please ensure to let reception know that it is for a 45 – 49 yr old health check so the appropriate time is allocated for you and your Doctor.
75 yr and over Health Checks
General GP Services
Child and Adolescent/Teenager Health
All of the team at Nelson Plaza Clinic understand the difficulties in your teenage years when you need personal and confidential advice. We encourage our adolescent patients to make appointments and feel comfortable and aware of the care and privacy that we offer.
Implanon Insertion and Removal
For Implanon insertion our doctors require you make an initial appointment to go through the information and consent forms for an Implanon.
Removal of an implanon is only a 10 minute appointment.
If you are removing and replacing an implanon – a longer appointment will be required.
Please ensure you request one of the doctors below to help you with your Implanon contraception.
Dr Dhei Abbod
Dr Louise Ragg
Mirena Insertion and Removal
Dr Alex Richardson does Mirena Insertions at Nelson Plaza Clinic. Please make an appointment with him for Mirena advice.
Dr Angelo Fortune and Dr Dhei Abbod provide 20 minute skin clinic consultations for full body skin checks. If you are concerned at any stage about any changes to your skin e.g. moles, sun spots, solar keratosis, please make an appointment as soon as possible.
Indigenous and Torres Straight Islander Health
Nelson Plaza Clinic is committed to providing culturally safe health care services and welcome all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to our clinic. All of our General Practitioner services are bulk billed for identified Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders.
Immunisation and Travel Vaccines
We do not keep travel vaccines in stock, so you will need to obtain a script for the pharmacy to order any vaccines required.
Comprehensive Medical Assessments
Diving, employment and RTA medical examinations
Worker’s Compensation consultations are billed at WorkCover approved rates. These consultations will be directly billed to your insurance company if they have accepted liability and if you can provide ALL billing details (including claim number, name and address of insurance company) at the time of consultation. If we do not have these details you will have to pay the full amount and claim that from the insurance company.
Allied Health Services